- First and foremost, affecting everybody to one extent or another, comes cost reduction. Applications and systems that have been in operation for a long time – also called legacy systems – usually require significant effort for support and new development. Their maintenance and upgrade are rather costly in terms of training and employment. Modernization simply eliminates the whole issue, making the apps accessible to far more qualified professionals.
- Automation is another relevant advantage, somewhat also pertaining ultimately to cost reduction. With the .net app modernization, services can be broken down into subservices, making these easier to manage, test, and deliver. IT staffing and training costs once more go down.
- There is virtually almost no downtime at all when migrating to more modern apps. Everything can be done efficiently, avoiding disturbances in the regular business flow.
- No need for expensive licenses. While legacy systems usually require very particular and specific – therefore costly – licenses, many modern applications require alternative and usually cheaper one. Oftentimes they require no licensing at all.
- It is easier, safer, and cheaper to use cloud-based technologies. No need for own servers, own staff to maintain the servers, huge server costs, and most importantly, immense security expenses. The cloud is a universally adaptable and efficient solution.
- Larger talent pool. More people are familiar with the latest software and applications and cloud-based solutions than with legacy systems. Hence, there is far more talent to choose from, making the hiring process competitive and beneficial for the company.
The examples could go on, this is only the beginning. Contact us to find out more